Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March Challenges!!

Hi!! So today I'm entering three separate cards into different challenges! :)

The first card I'm entering into the Sparkle and Shine Challenge



It was a sketch challenge using this sketch! I knew I wanted to make a shaker card so I went from there! :)


For this card, I started off with the large bolded chevrons from Winnie and Walter using V for cheVron. I am in love with this set. I love chevrons so when I saw it, I knew I just had to have it! I stamped it using Peach Bellini from MFT on a piece of Marshmallow cardstock from Bazzill. I then took the outline chevron stamped and stamped over top with Grout Grey from MFT. 


I then used The Big, the Bold and the Happy Cutaways die from W&W to die cut hello. With a piece of acetate, I glued it to the backside of the cardstock. I then glued the remaining pieces onto the front of the acetate. Some foam adhesive was put onto the backside of the cardstock, peach sequins and glitter hearts were added and it was adhered to a piece of grey cardstock!


To finish off the card, I took a piece of Bazzill vellum and cut a border using their Scallop die. I adhered it with a little glue. To finish it off, I added some of the peach sequins to the outside of the card! :)

On to the next! :) This card will be entered into Altenew's March Challenge! They had gorgeous inspiration photos to follow! 


I first started off with a piece of Marshallow cardstock. I then took the scroll pieces from Lacy Scrolls and stamped them all over the background in Versafine Black Onyx.  I then took the peonies and stamped them in VersaMark ink and covered them in gold embossing powder. After heat setting it, I fussy cut around the images. It would make it 100x easier if I ordered their new dies! 


To finish off the card, I added some gold string, popped the flowers up on foam adhesive and attached it all to a piece of white cardstock! :) It's pretty elegant and I think would make a perfect card for a wedding or shower! 



For my third card [yes, I know it's a lot in one day lol] I made a card for the AEIHeartUChallenge! The challenge was to incorporate stripes into our cards and here's what I came up with. I'm also going to enter it into the MFT Color Challenge


To start off, I took a look in my stash at different inks! I pulled from my MFT inks that matched the colors we were to use since I do not have the exact colors: Peach BelliniGrout Grey, Bubblegum, and Berrylicious. I used a stencil from W&W to make the stripes. I used a stamp set from Avery Elle, Petals and Stems. For the flower, I stamped it all in Soft Cantalope and then took Pale Tomato and barely stamped the bottom. I did the same for the leaves in Grout Grey and Berrylicious! To finish off the card, I added coordinating sequins... of course! :)



Well thank you so much for stopping by!! It's always appreciated! :)

4 comments:

  1. Amazing projects, very beautiful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards. Love the soft vellum frame on the first one! Thanks for taking part in the sketch challenge at Sparkle & Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful. Love how you got the various tones in the flowers and leaves. Thanks for playing with us at the AEI♥U Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simplicity at its best. Love your card for the Altenew challenge. Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete