Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy Birthday

I've been dying to use this branch I got from SSS and I finally got the chance! I used a free digital stamp from Avery Elle. I love these lanterns! Too cute!


First I scored a piece of cardstock from PTI. I then took a piece of SSS water color paper and with distress inks, watercolored the back. I dried it with my heat tool.  I then stamped Happy Birthday from SSS in Versamark, covered it in white embossing powder and finally heat embossed it. For the lanterns, I colored them with Copics and covered them with Glossy Accents. I drew black lines with my Copic mutli-liner for the strings. I adhered them with pop up dots. I then added dash lines around the outside with my uniball pen. Loved the final result! :) 


This will be entered into Avery Elle's April Challenge. It's also being entered in the CAS challenge! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! LOve the colors and design! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely! I love how the lanterns are glossy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card!! thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Love the cool colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to hang the lanterns from a branch! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super idea - I love anything with branches! Love your color combo!

    ReplyDelete