Monday, August 18, 2014

Sweet Stamp Shop Ahoy! Kit Release

So when Nicole from Sweet Stamp Shop asked for me to guest design for their latest branch out, On Cherry Street, I was ecstatic. First of all, Nicole is seriously the nicest person ever. She's encouraging and makes you want to do your best and try new things which is one of the reasons I agreed! It seems like these kits would be geared towards Project Lifers. Well I'm here to tell you they're perfect for cardmakers too. I had so much fun creating with this kit.

When I received my kit, I couldn't believe all of the little goodies inside! So much for only $15.95! There were multiple papers of different sizes, a stamp set and cute little wooden embellishments. Ahh! So here are the cards I created for this month's kit release :)


For my first card, I cut a piece of red cardstock into varying sizes and placed them on a card front with foam adhesive. I took a piece from the kit and adhered to the front as well. The little blue circles are actually some of the wooden embellishments colored blue! Ahh! Love! Best part about this card: no stsmping. It's nice to get a break sometimes. :)


For my second card, I took the stamp set Across the Miles [which I LOVE!] white heat embossed it and watercolored. With the waves from the Fishy stamp set, I colored the stamps with Distress Markers, stamped it various places and watercolored over for a muddled look. I then placed the map on top and stamped my sentiments [Sail Away Sayings and Ahoy! Kit Stamp].


For my last card, I watercolored the background in a pretty blue! I am in love with how it turned out. I then took a piece of the paper from the kit and attached it. On a separate piece of white cardstock shaped like a tag, I stamped images from Ahoy! onto the background in a very light grey. I then stamped the anchor in red for a pop of color. I then adhered my banner which I had prepped beforehand. 

Don't you just love the kit?! It's amazing. I've decided! And how wonderful is it that all of August's stamps coincide with the kit!?

Here are all the stamps I used:

Ahoy! Kit

Across the Miles

Sail Away Sayings

Fishy

Ahoy!


So make sure to stop by all the designers blogs. You won't want to miss a post because one lucky person will receive something super special! :) I'm off but make sure to pick up on of these awesome, affordable kits! You won't regret it! :):)

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. I really love the watercolor background on the second card.

    ReplyDelete